Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This past summer has been interesting for me. I went to the ER twice, and this past weekend I had an ember fly into my eye at a campfire. The first time I went to the hospital was because I got hit in the arm by a softball. I was pitching for my friends co-ed team because I was the only one who has played softball before. Well I pitched to my friend Owen and he hit the ball right back at me and hit me right in the elbow. I could barley move it and it hurt really bad. My friend took me to the ER where I had X-Rays taken. Luckily it wasn't broken, because I was on 2 other softball teams and I couldn't afford to miss any games. About 6 or so weeks later I was at work and I was cleaning the meat slicer and I cut the tip of my finger off. Blood was ever where, my boss didn't believe that I hurt myself, and there were people in the lobby. I was managing but my boss stayed to do his paperwork, and luckily he was there to help me. My co-worker took me to the ER where the same doctor, who helped me with my elbow, helped me with my cut finger. My finger was cauterized and glued in order for it to stop bleeding. While I was in the room my mom said that I normally get hurt in groups of 3 so we would probably be back to some doctor within the next 6-8 weeks. Well I got the ember in my eye on Saturday the 26Th and that Monday, the 21st, was 6 weeks after I was at the hospital for my finger. I went to the eye doctor on Monday the 28Th to make sure that nothing was wrong with my eye. The 28Th was exactly 7 weeks after I cut my finger, so my mom was right. Sometimes I'm not the most coordinated person, I tend to hurt myself often, and my mother is going to put me into a bubble in order for me to not get hurt again. I still have a scar from cutting my finger, and I have pictures if anyone wants to see them!

3 comments:

  1. You go to the ER to much gotta rely on that good ol' home remedies, saves you money

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you must of got sick of going to ER. I know I would of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you're okay! But at the same time I found some humor in it for it coming in 3's! I agree with your mom I think things happen in 3yrs.. ten or so years ago, for example, I won $1000 in a 4H drawing and then shortly after that I won the grand prize in a Kohls drawing for a $2000 treadmill and at Xmas I had won the $300 check pool at work.. I was very lucky that year.. hopefully my 3's will give you some better luck!!

    ReplyDelete