Thursday, September 24, 2009

So far this semester has been good. I like my classes so far, and while being in them, they all seem to intertwine some how. We'll be talking about something in my Race class and then I'll hear something that we have talked about in my ethics class. It helps to talk about things more than once so that it can actually sink in. I'm finding it is getting harder and harder to go to bed early to get up for my 8 and 9 o'clock classes. I work the latest until 11 and then I have to go home a do homework still, and it is starting to take its toll on my sleeping habits.

The weekend was much better though. I had to watch 2 dogs for my dads business partner. They are German Short Hair Pointers, and they are the best dogs ever. Their names are Brook and Jade. Brook is very old and can barely move, and Jade is young and runs circles around Brook. The dogs are hunting dogs, and while I was walking Brook she stopped and went into point position because she saw a bird in the tree. It was so funny, I tied so hard to move her, but she wouldn't move. Finally after about 2-3 minutes of this the bird finally left and she started to walk with me again. While this was happening Jade was just running around, and bringing me sticks to throw for her. The only down side of watching these dogs is that I have to let them out at 6 in the morning. On Saturdays I work at 7, so I have to get up extremely early to shower, let the dogs out, then go to work. But it is all worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment