Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Year

I would first like to say that this is my first Blog post and I honestly have no idea what to write about. This is a new year of college and I am taking 4 classes, one of which doesn't start until the end of October. I'm a little stressed about managing school, work, friends, family, and having a social life. So far it has been okay, but trying to make all of my friends happy and helping my parents, getting to school on time, and working is starting to get old and fast. I'm from Winona and I go to school in La Crosse, it's about a 30 minute drive from my house and I have to get up early to get to class on time. I have a few classes that start at 8 and a class that starts at 9 and getting up at 6 and 7 is hard some mornings, especially when I manage at work and don't leave some nights until 11 and have homework to do for the next day.

I've only been in school for a few weeks now, and so far I enjoy my classes. Right now I'm taking Intro to Ethics Theory and Application, Written Communications, and Race & Ethnic Diversity. My favorite class so far is Race & Ethnic Diversity. I've only had the class a couple of days but as of right now I believe that it is going to have the most arguments and discussions in it. Which for me personally it should be interesting because I'm not the type of person to get into arguing matches to prove my point. I'm taking another class but it doesn't start until late October. I didn't find out until the first day of classes, but I was prepared to go to class that day.

Most recently I took part in my first NFL Fantasy Draft. I like football and one of my co-workers set up a draft and asked if I wanted to be apart of it. I said yes, and then on Wednesday night 2 of my co-workers and myself set up our computers at work and drafted our teams. All the people that took part in the draft are people that I work with. At the end of the draft my co-workers said that I have a pretty good team and that I should be happy with my picks. Last season I wasn't able to watch many games because I worked every Sunday when the games took place, so trying to pick good players was very interesting. I had a couple of different magazines to help me, but they weren't that much help. Both of my co-workers said that they would help me pick players, and they did. At the end of the night, 11:30 pm, they asked me if I had a good time and I did. It was a rush trying to figure out who I wanted on my team, and trying to figure it out in a minute and a half was fun. I'm hoping that I don't lose that many games, but if I do, it was my first draft and I'm okay with losing. My only hope is that I don't lose the entire draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment